Wednesday, May 6, 2009

poem #7

Socially Acquired Disease

pernicious perturbation
little sliver who pricks and punishes
how is it you have honed
annoyance into auto erotica?

the pink blue warmth of paradise winds
precursor to unforeseen shipwrecks
what hope can be had for captain and crew
when casual smiles give way to dire straits?

the cacophony created between
your sickly siren song
and my melancholy lament
nightly drives the dogs to howl

and the nascent light of sunrise offers no solace
from the bruises of your batting eyelash battery


sewn into the suit I tried on, I falter
afraid of the correlation of escape and scar tissue

I would warn the world
foretelling misfortune from folly
but I opt not to open my mouth
lest you look upon it as an invitation

needling nuisance
little inflammation who itches and burns
how is it you have perverted
patience into patheticism?

No comments:

Post a Comment